Sunday, September 30, 2012

Marie Antoinette Dress Cushion

I'm having a lot of fun with my 
new Toile de Jouy material.
Here is a frilly bolster with an oval panel.


A few cushions together.








Then I made this big 70 x 70cm cushion, half of it
is covered with layers of lace and a tie in the middle.
When I pulled the tie it looked like a dress with a waist.
Then... pling!! a little light bulb went on....


Now this dress has a real waist...
It still is a cushion, the top and hips are stuffed
with polyester filling.
 I overstuffed it so it can stand straight without
tipping over at the waist.
The bodice stands at 52cm high and with the 
skirt 80cm.


I used cotton and silk for the dress.




Pink Sweetness...



I hope you are having a wonderful week,
xoxo





11 comments:

  1. I love the Marie Antoinette pillow! You did a great job at sewing it. take care, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Du bist so fleisig, alles gefählt mir.HugsAlice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that gorgeous Marie Antoinette, it's stunning ;)

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty. Your creativity amazes me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Angela,

    You had a great idea for creating this Marie Antoinette cushion! Looks so feminine and you made it so perfect.
    Hugs to you,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do the most gorgeous work!!! I love the pin cushion, I bet you had tons of fun making that!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your pillows are gorgeous! (Toile-o-holic here *winks*) But the Marie Antoinette had me squealing with delight! Beautiful beautiful!! I love it! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness, this is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you sell that clothes to me? TT I really really want to buy it~! haha my paypal is mari.jeong@gmail.com I hope I can buy it at the end of May. I can pay you deposit. my e-mail is mari.jeong@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love!!!!

    Can you share with us the Marie Antoinette pillow pattern please? (:

    ReplyDelete